Skip to main content



Inspired Partnerships Collection, 1898-2002

Inspired Partnerships Collection,

1 of 2
Open Finding Aid

Ryerson and Burnham Archives, Ryerson and Burnham Libraries
The Art Institute of Chicago

Finding Aid Published: 2007

Inspired Partnerships Collection, 1898-2002

Accession Number: 2003.1


©Ryerson and Burnham Archives, The Art Institute of Chicago. All rights reserved.

VIEW ALL DIGITIZED OBJECTS FROM THIS COLLECTION

COLLECTION SUMMARY:
TITLE:Inspired Partnerships Collection, 1898-2002
EXTENT:1 portfolio and flatfile materials
REPOSITORY: Ryerson and Burnham Archives, Ryerson and Burnham Libraries,
The Art Institute of Chicago
111 S. Michigan Ave., Chicago, IL 60603-6110
(312) 443-7292 phone
rbarchives@artic.edu
http://www.artic.edu/aic/libraries/rbarchives/rbarchives.html
ABSTRACT:Architectural drawings, photographs and promotional materials related to the work of the Chicago-based non-profit organization Inspired Partnerships.
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:Architectural reprographic prints, black and white and color photographic prints, and printed papers.
ORIGINATION: Inspired Partnerships
ACQUISITION INFORMATION:The collection was a gift from Inspired Partnerships to the Ryerson and Burnham Archives in 2003.

HISTORICAL NOTE:
Inspired Partnerships was a Chicago-based non-profit organization that helped over 200 religious congregations maintain their buildings by providing leadership training, information, and technical guidance to city congregations struggling with the realities of aging facilities. The organization was an outgrowth of a 1989 endowment-sponsored initiative of the Midwest Office of the National Trust for Historic Preservation in Chicago and funded through the Lilly Endowment and the National Trust. In 1991 the initial demonstration project became an independent organization and took the name Inspired Partnerships. Inspired Partnerships provided technical resources to congregations to help them assess the condition of their facilities and to evaluate and prioritize repairs, upgrades and renovations. Projects ranged from the development of space-sharing plans to comprehensive facility reports, energy audits and cross-country seminary surveys assessing the nature of courses offered in property management-related issues. One of Inspired Partnerships' major studies, "Good Space and Good Works," documents the extensive use of the city's church properties by civic groups. The significance of this work lies not only in efforts to preserve notable ecclesiastical architecture in the Chicago metropolitan area but also in the preservation of the social infrastructure within these communities. These buildings serve not only as places of worship but also as loci of essential community services such as employment programs, child care, welfare-to-work programs and GED classes. Inspired Partnerships was dissolved in 1993.

SCOPE AND CONTENT NOTE:
This collection consists of three series: Drawings, Photographs, and Miscellaneous. The bulk of this collection is comprised of diazotype and laser-printed architectural drawings. There are some blueprints and a very few original linen drawings. Some of the drawings appear to have been reproduced from microfilm and, consequently, are of poor quality. Inspired Partnerships worked predominantly within the limits of the City of Chicago, and the scope of the collection reflects this. The buildings documented are located in all parts of the city and from a wide variety of ethnic and socioeconomic areas including, but not limited to: Norwood Park, Rogers Park, Edgewater, Uptown, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Logan Square, Bucktown, Austin, Garfield Park, Near West Side, Near South Side, Kenwood, Hyde Park, Washington Park, Morgan Park, and Beverly. Congregations in suburbs such as Evanston, Elmhurst, Glencoe, Oak Park and others are also represented. Series II, Photographs, contains a few dozen black and white and color photos of exterior and interior views of a selection of ecclesiastical buildings in and around Chicago. Most of these photos are contemporary though there are a few historic images. The final series, Miscellaneous, contains a printed poster map of Presbyterian congregations in the Chicago metro area as well as proofs for Inspired Partnerships promotional brochures.

ORGANIZATION AND ARRANGEMENT:
SERIES I: DRAWINGS. Organized alphabetically by municipality, then alphabetically by project name. Unidentified buildings are at the end of the series.

SERIES II: PHOTOGRAPHS. Arranged alphabetically by project name.

SERIES III: MISCELLANEOUS.

CONTROLLED ACCESS POINTS:
This collection and other related materials may be found under the following headings in online catalogs:
Inspired Partnerships
Church Architecture--Illinois
Church Buildings--Illinois
Nonprofit organizations--Illinois--Chicago

ABBREVIATIONS:
AbbreviationDefinition
c.circa
Flatf.flatfile
n.d.not dated
(OS)off-site storage
Portf.portfolio

PHYSICAL LOCATION:
The majority of this collection is housed in off-site storage and is so designated by the abbreviation (OS) in the location column of the finding aid's item listing. Collections maintained in off-site storage will be retrieved with advance notification; please consult the Archivist for the current retrieval schedule. For further information, consult http://www.artic.edu/aic/libraries/rbarchives/rbarchaccess.html

ACCESS RESTRICTIONS:
This collection may be used by qualified readers in the Reading Room of the Ryerson and Burnham Libraries at The Art Institute of Chicago. Collections maintained on-site are available for patron use without prior arrangement or appointment. Collections maintained on-site are available for patron use without prior arrangement or appointment. Collections maintained in off-site storage will be retrieved with advance notification; please consult the Archivist for the current retrieval schedule. For further information, consult http://www.artic.edu/aic/libraries/rbarchives/rbarchaccess.html

USER RESTRICTIONS:
The Art Institute of Chicago is providing access to the materials in the Libraries' collections solely for noncommercial educational and research purposes. The unauthorized use, including, but not limited to, publication of the materials without the prior written permission of the Art Institute is strictly prohibited. All inquiries regarding permission to publish should be submitted in writing to the Archivist, Ryerson and Burnham Archives, The Art Institute of Chicago. In addition to permission from the Art Institute, permission of the copyright owner (if not the Art Institute) and/or any holder of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) may also be required for reproduction, publication, distribution, and other uses. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of any item and securing any necessary permissions rests with the persons desiring to publish the item. The Art Institute makes no warranties as to the accuracy of the materials or their fitness for a particular purpose.

PREFERRED CITATION:
Inspired Partnerships Collection, Ryerson and Burnham Archives, The Art Institute of Chicago.

PROCESSING INFORMATION:
This collection was processed by Nathaniel Parks in 2007.

ITEM INVENTORY:
LOCATIONCONTENTSDATESITEMS

SERIES I: DRAWINGS


BEAVERVILLE, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
St. Mary's Catholic Church, St. Charles Ave. Carl M. Teutsch, architect.
1991, n.d. 8

BERWYN, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Presbyterian Church of Berwyn. Unknown architect.
n.d. 5

CHICAGO, IL:
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Addison Street Baptist Church (formerly, First Swedish Baptist Church), 1240 W. Addison St. John A. Nyden, architect.
n.d. 3
Flatf. 150 (OS)
All Saints Orthodox Church (formerly, Bethany American Lutheran Church), Newport and Milwaukee Aves. William C. Jones, architect.
n.d. 10
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Austin Baptist Church (formerly, Austin Congregational Church), 5460 W. Ohio St. Emery Stanford Hall and Bisbee and Rhenisch, architects and engineers.
1926-1927 21
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Austin Baptist Church (formerly, Austin Congregational Church), 5460 W. Ohio St. Emery Stanford Hall and Bisbee and Rhenisch, architects and engineers. Remodeling for Austin Christian Day Care Center.
1977-1978 4
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Buena Memorial Presbyterian Church, Sheridan Rd. and Broadway Ave. Ivar Viehe Naess and Co., architects.
1921 18
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Chicago Lawn Methodist Church, S. St. Louis Ave. and W. 63rd Pl. Edward F. Jansson, architect.
1945 7
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Chicago Temple, chancel. Unknown architect.
2000 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church, N. Long and W. Lemoyne Aves. William Campbell Wright, architect.
1925 7
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Church of Our Savior, parish hall restoration, 530 W. Fullerton Pkwy. Clinton J. Warren (1891) and Office of Wilbert R. Hasbrouck (1981), architects.
1982 17
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Church of the Mediator, S. Hoyne Ave. and W. 110th St. Hetherington, architects.
1955 14
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Congregational Church of Park Manor, 7000 S. Martin Luther King Dr. Unknown architect.
1990 6
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Ebenezer Lutheran Church, 1254 S. Harding Ave. Holland and Steed, architects.
1977 2
Flatf. 49 (OS)
First Baptist Congregational Church, 1613 W. Washington Blvd. Unknown architect.
2002 7
Flatf. 150 (OS)
First Evangelical Free Church, 5251 N. Ashland Ave. Lundstrum & Skubic, architects and engineers.
1958 13
Flatf. 150 (OS)
First Unitarian Society of Chicago. Denison B. Hull, architect.
1929 2
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Grace Evangelical Church, S. Albany Ave. and W. 60th St. H.C. Haeuser, architect.
1950 10
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Grace Place Episcopal Community Center, 637 S. Dearborn St. Booth/Hansen & Associates, architects.
1985 6
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Greater Salem Baptist Church (aka Greater Salem Missionary Baptist Church), 215 W. 71st St. Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates and Inspired Partnerships, architects.
2001, n.d. 13
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Holy Angels Church, E. Oakwood St. Skidmore Owings & Merrill, architects.
1989 33
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Holy Covenant, Parish of, 925 W. Diversey Pkwy. Zar & Hicks, architects.
1993 2
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, N. Greenview and W. Elmdale Aves. A. Einar Olson, architect.
1951-52, n.d. 21
Flatf. 49 (OS)
K.A.M. Isaiah Israel Temple, 1100 E. Hyde Park Blvd., Alfred S. Alschuler, architect.
1923, n.d. 8
Flatf. 150 (OS)
LaSalle Street Church, portico, 1136 N. LaSalle St. Christian O. Hansen, architect; Historic American Building Survey, delineator.
1994 1
RT 7a (OS)
Liberty Baptist Church, 4849 S. King Dr. William N. Alderman; Mitterbusher & Tourtelot; Mann, Gin, Ebel & Frazier, architects.
1950-1983 30
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Lincoln Park Presbyterian Church, 600 W. Fullerton. Douglas Lynn Farr, architect.
1993 13
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Lutheran Family Mission, 855 N. Monticello. Unknown architects.
2000 3
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Metropolitan Community Church, 4100 S. Martin Luther King Dr. Historic American Buildings Survey, delineator.
2000 3
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Morgan Park Christian Church. Historic American Buildings Survey, delineator.
n.d. 1
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Morgan Park United Methodist Church (formerly, Morgan Park Methodist Episcopal Church), 11030 S. Longwood Dr. Perkins Fellows & Hammond and unknown architects.
1926, 1997 18
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Mount Olive A.M.E. Church. Inspired Partnerships, delineator.
1998 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Mount Pilgrim [Church], unidentified location. Possibly New Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church (formerly St. Mel's Catholic Church), 4301 W. Washington Blvd., Charles L. Wallace, architect.
n.d. 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church. Historic American Buildings Survey, delineator.
1998 6
Flatf. 150 (OS)
New Hope United Methodist Church, 7115 W. Hood Ave. Inspired Partnerships, delineator.
2002 2
Flatf. 49 (OS)
North Park Covenant Church (formerly, North Park Swedish Evangelical Mission Church), 5246-5250 N. Christiana Ave. Lowe & Speer, Philip A. Danielson, architects.
1929, 1960 31
Flatf. 150 (OS)
North Shore Baptist Church, 5244 N. Lakewood Ave. Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, architects.
1999 6
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Norwood Park Methodist Church. Benjamin Franklin Olson, architect.
n.d. 5
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Norwood Park Presbyterian Church, 5845 N. Nina Ave. Gerald A. Barry, Fred D. Kay, and Carl M. Teutsch, architects.
n.d. 9
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Our Lady of Sorrows Basilica, 3121 W. Jackson Blvd. Hanson Nakawasate Rutkowski & Wyns and David H. Kearns, architects.
1976-1986 24
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Pilgrim Baptist Church (formerly, Kehilath Anshe Ma'ariv Synagogue), 3301 S. Indiana Ave. Adler and Sullivan, architects; Historic American Buildings Survey, delineators.
1964 5
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Quinn Chapel A.M.E. Church, 2401 S. Wabash Ave. Henry F. Starbuck, architect; Historic American Buildings Survey, delineators.
n.d. 19
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Quiqley Preparatory Seminary, 103 E. Chestnut. Unknown architect; Inspired Partnerships, delineators; Klein and Hoffman, engineers.
1999 6
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Rogers Park Baptist Church, W. Greenleaf Ave. and N. Wolcott Ave. Tallmadge & Watson, architects; Edward F. Jansson, architect.
1935, n.d. 10
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Rogers Park Presbyterian Church, W. Greenleaf Ave. and N. Greenview Ave. Ivar Viehe Naess, architects.
1923 3
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. Andrew's Church, 2103-2105 W. Washington Blvd. Carl Elliot Schulze, architect.
1949 11
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. Edmund's Episcopal Church and St. Edmund's Academy, 6105 S. Michigan Ave. Inspired Partnerships, delineators.
1998 2
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. Gregory Rectory, unknown location. Steven P. Besch, architect.
n.d. 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. Gregory's Parish [Church], N. Paulina and W. Gregory Sts. Comes Perry and McMullen, architects.
1922-1923 17
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. Hedwig's Rectory, 2226 N. Hoyne Adolphus Druiding, architect.
n.d. 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. James Catholic Church, 2942 S. Wabash Ave. Paul Straka and Associates, architects.
1974 3
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. James Evangelical Lutheran Church and School (formerly, St. James German Evangelical Lutheran Church), N. Fremont and W. Dickens Sts. Worthmann and Steinbach, architects; William F. Kramer, architect.
c.1916, 1950-1951 14
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. James United Methodist Church, (formerly, St. James Methodist Episcopal Church), 4601-4615 S. Ellis Ave. Tallmadge & Watson, architects; Tylk, Gustafson and Associates Inc., engineers.
[c.1926], 2000 6
Flatf. 49 (OS)
St. John Berchmans Church, [2517 W. Logan Blvd.] [Worthmann and Steinbach, architects].
n.d. 4
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. John United Church of Christ, [2442 W. Moffat St.] Unknown architect; Historic American Buildings Survey, delineators.
n.d. 6
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. Mary of the Angels Church, W. Cortland Ave., N. Wood St. and N. Hermitage Ave. [Henry J. Schlacks, architect; Worthmann and Steinbach, architects]; Holabird and Root, architects.
1991 5
Flatf. 150 (OS)
St. Paul's Lutheran School, proposed addition, 7623 S. Dorchester Ave. Adolph A. Hanson and A. Einar Olson, architects.
n.d. 2
Flatf. 49 (OS)
St. Thomas the Apostle Church and Convent Building, 5476 S. Kimbark Ave. Barry Byrne, architect.
1919, 1994, n.d. 10
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Second Church of Christ Scientist, 2700 N. Pine Grove Ave. [Solon Spencer Beman, architect]; Whitehead and Billman and Associates, architects.
1962 7
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Seminary Avenue Community Church (formerly, Seminary Federated Church), [1110 W. Lill Ave. at N. Seminary Ave.] Emery Stanford Hall, Bisbee, Rhensich, architects.
1929, n.d. 18
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Temple Sholom, 3480 N. Lake Shore Drive. Coolidge and Hodgdon, architects.
n.d. 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Tenth Church of Christ Scientist, [5640 S. Blackstone Ave.] Coolidge and Hodgdon, architects.
[c.1917] 2
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Trinity Methodist Episcopal Church, unknown address, Beverly Hills, Chicago. Tallmadge & Watson, architects.
1923? 5
Flatf. 49 (OS)
Trinity Methodist Church, 9840 S. Winchester Ave. Ralph Stoetzel and Edward F. Jansson, architects.
1939-1956 20
Flatf. 49 (OS)
University Church of the Disciples of Christ, 1156 E. 57th St. Howard van Doren Shaw and Henry K. Holman, architects.
1922 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
United Church of Rogers Park, 1545 W. Morse Ave.; 6927 N. Ashland Blvd. Unknown architect.
n.d. 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Uptown Baptist Church, 1011 W. Wilson Ave. Unknown architect; Historic American Buildings Survey, delineators.
n.d. 1
Flatf. 150 (OS)
Wellington Avenue United Church of Christ (formerly, Wellington Avenue Congregational Church), 611-613 W. Wellington Ave. Patton & Miller, architects.
1910 13

CHICAGO HEIGHTS, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
St. Agnes School and Church. R.L. Ignelzi, architect.
n.d. 8

ELGIN, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
St. John's Lutheran Church. Unknown architect.
n.d. 3

ELMHURST, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Faith United Methodist Church. Inspired Partnerships and unknown architects.
1998 12
Flatf. 151 (OS)
First Evangelical Church. Spencer B. Cone, architect.
n.d. 4
Flatf. 51 (OS)
Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church. Roy J. Hotchkiss and Edgar C. Hanebuth, architect.
n.d. 13

EVANSTON, IL:
Flatf. 51 (OS)
Covenant Methodist Church. Pace Associates, architects.
1960 4
Flatf. 51 (OS)
First Baptist Church of Evanston, 607 Lake St. Tallmadge & Watson, architects.
c.1920, 1994 23
Flatf. 151 (OS)
First Methodist Church (aka, First Methodist Episcopal Church of Evanston). Tallmadge & Watson; [Ralph Adams] Cram and Ferguson, architects.
c.1911 or c.1929 4
RT 8a (OS)
First Methodist Church (aka, First Methodist Episcopal Church of Evanston). Tallmadge & Watson; [Ralph Adams] Cram and Ferguson, architects.
1929 18
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Unitarian Church of Evanston (formerly, Evanston Unitarian Church), 1330 Ridge Ave. Schweikher, Elting & Bennett, architects.
1956-1957 24
Flatf. 51 (OS)
Unitarian Church of Evanston (formerly, Evanston Unitarian Church), 1330 Ridge Ave. Hammond, Beeby and Babka, architects.
1985 21
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Wheadon Methodist Church, 2212 Ridge Ave. Robert Charles Swanson, architect.
1961, n.d. 10

GLENCOE, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Church of St. Elisabeth (formerly, St. Elisabeth's Church), 556 Vernon Ave. Armstrong, Furst & Tilton, architects.
1947, 1994, n.d. 11
Flatf. 151 (OS)
North Shore Congregational Israel, NW corner Vernon and Lincoln Aves. Alfred S. Alschuler, architect.
1927 1

GLEN ELLYN, IL:
Flatf. 51 (OS)
St. Luke Lutheran Church, 23WO80 Butterfield Rd. Walter C. Carlson and William M. Cooley, architects.
1959, 1988 22

HARVEY, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Trinity Lutheran Church, 150th St. and Marshfield Ave. William F. Kramer, architects.
1950 11

LAKE FOREST, IL:
Flatf. 51 (OS)
First Presbyterian Church, 700 N. Sheridan Rd. H. James Hestrup architect; Historic American Buildings Survey, delineators.
1960-1989, 1997 24

LIBERTYVILLE, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
St. Lawrence Episcopal Church. Unknown architect.
n.d. 6

MORGAN PARK, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Beverly Unitarian Church. Unknown architect; D.M. Weiss, Inspired Partnerships, [delineator].
1997 1

NAPERVILLE, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
First Methodist Church of Naperville, 21 E. Franklin. Charles B. Rowe, architect.
1956 5

NILES, IL:
Flatf. 51 (OS)
Niles Community Church Presbyterian, SW corner Oakton and Odell Ave. Stade and Cooley; William M. Cooley, architects.
1959, n.d. 13

NORTHBROOK, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Islamic Cultural Center of Greater Chicago, 1800 Pfingsten Rd. Rowe, Abplanalp & Johnson, architects.
1973-1984 27
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Saint Giles Church. Unknown architect.
n.d. 3

OAK PARK, IL:
Flatf. 51 (OS)
First Congregational Church, 848 Lake St. Holmes & Flinn; Harold E. Wagoner; Philip Duke West; Charles Vincent Rowe, architects.
1917, 1955, 1962, 1964, n.d. 20
Flatf. 151 (OS)
First United Church of Oak Park. Robert A. Bell, architects.
1980 5
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Judson Baptist Church, 1252 N. Austin Blvd. Benjamin Franklin Olson; J.E. Barclay, Jr. and Associates; Keys and Hestrup, architects.
1953, 1955, 1964, 1967 19
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Pilgrim Congregational Church, 460 Lake Ave. Patton, Fisher and Miller; and unknown architects; Historic American Buildings Survey, delineators.
1898, 1941, 1996 12
Flatf. 151 (OS)
United Evangelical Lutheran Church, SW corner N. Ridgeland Ave. and Greenfield St. Herbert A. Brand, architects.
1927 9
RT 8a (OS)
United Evangelical Lutheran Church, SW corner N. Ridgeland Ave. and Greenfield St. Mid-Continent Engineering, Inc., engineers.
1927 10

PALATINE, IL:
Flatf. 51 (OS)
Presbyterian Church of Palatine, NE corner of Palatine Rd. and Kohlwing Rd. Carl M. Teutsch, architect.
1961-1962 24

PLANO, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Unknown architect.
n.d. 1

SKOKIE, IL:
Flatf. 51 (OS)
Temple Judea. O'Donnell Wicklund Pagozzi, architects.
n.d. 8

VERNON HILLS, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Faith Community Church, United Church of Christ. David L. Lindquist, architect.
1979 6

WESTERN SPRINGS, IL:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
First Congregational Church, United Church of Christ, Central Ave. and Chestnut St. Brand and Brand, architects.
1955, 1985 6
Flatf. 151 (OS)
First Methodist Church. Whitehead and Billman & Associates, architects.
1957 11

UNIDENTIFIED:
Flatf. 151 (OS)
Various plats, plans, elevations, and details.
1951, n.d. 13
Flatf. 51 (OS)
Various plans, elevations, and details.
1994, n.d. 6






LOCATIONCONTENTSDATESITEMS

SERIES II: PHOTOGRAPHS AND TRANSPARENCIES


Portf. 1.1
Church of the Epiphany, 201 S. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL. Burling and Whitehouse, architects, 1885. "Chicago 1894, 'Rear View' From a Photograph of a Carette on 'Lincoln Park Line,' Operated By The Russell Street Carette Co."
Poster.
n.d. 1
Portf. 1.1
First Baptist Congregational Church (aka, New First Congregational Church; Union Park Congregational Church), 46-60 N. Ashland Ave., Chicago, IL. Gurdon P. Randall, architect, 1869. Exterior detail and interior view of organ and choir.
Black and white photographs.
02/17/1929, c.1990s 2
Portf. 1.1
First United Methodist Church at the Chicago Temple Building, 77 W. Washington St., Chicago, IL. Holabird & Roche, architects, 1924. Interior views of alter.
Color photographs.
c.1990s 2
Portf. 1.1
K.A.M. Isaiah Israel Temple, 1100 E. Hyde Park Blvd., Chicago, IL. Alfred Alschuler, architect, 1924. Interior view of wedding ceremony at alter.
Black and white photograph.
c.1980s-1990s 1
Portf. 1.2
Metropolitan Church (formerly, First Presbyterian Church), 4100 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr., Chicago, IL. Charles S. Frost, architect, 1889. Exterior views.
Color photographs and transparencies.
c.1990s 17
Portf. 1.3
Pilgrim Baptist Church (formerly, Kehilath Anshe Ma'ariv Synagogue), 3301 S. Indiana Ave., Chicago, IL. Adler and Sullivan, architects. Interior views.
Color photographs and transparencies.
c.1990s 4
Portf. 1.3
(Old) St. Patrick's Church, 134-136 S. Desplaines St., 700 W. Adams St., Chicago, IL. Carter and Bauer, architects, 1852. Exterior view of renovation.
Color photographs.
c.1970s 2
Portf. 1.3
St. Stanislaus Kostka, 1351 W. Evergreen Ave., Chicago, IL. Sandel and Strong, architects, 1929. Exterior view.
Black and white photograph.
n.d. 1
Portf. 1.4
Unidentified churches. Exterior and interior views and details.
Black and white and color photographs. Includes possible interior of Temple Sholom, 3480 N. Lake Shore Dr., and view of church in Bridgeport neighborhood.
n.d. 8






LOCATIONCONTENTSDATESITEMS

SERIES III: MISCELLANEOUS


Flatf. 151 (OS)
The Presbytery of Chicago, Congregations and Related Mission Agencies. Map.
c.1980s 1
Portf. 1.5
Inspired Partnerships brochure proofs.
Black and white photographs and printed papers on board.
c.1990s 3







you wish to report:


...
Select the collections to add or remove from your search
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I
J
K
L
M
N
O
P
Q
R
S
T
U
V
W
X
Y
Z
 
OK